The main questions you may have about studies in the UK, answered

The main questions you may have about studies in the UK, answered


Do you offer any scholarships or grants?
FasTrack Education offers only self-funded programmes for students. Some of our partner universities and colleges provide partial scholarships and bursaries for students in the amount of 20-30% off the annual tuition fees. Please contact our consultants to get more information on bursaries available.
Where will I live?
Our partner universities and colleges do not provide student accommodation. Students are expected to arrange their own accommodation. There are several accommodation options available for students in the UK:
• Rent out a flat;
• Rent out a room in a flat share;
• Rent out a private or shared room in a student hall of residence;
• Live with a British family.
We will provide you advice on arranging accommodation in Britain or, on your request, can arrange accommodation for you.
Please contact our consultant to get more information on accommodation options available.
How much does the education in the UK cost?
Please read our article about the costs of the UK education here.
Are my qualifications acceptable?
Most overseas high school and university degree certificates are acceptable in the UK. Qualifications from certain countries might be not equal to a similar UK qualification and in such cases students might be offered a foundation course before proceeding to the main degree. We have experienced education consultants who can assess your previous qualifications before you make an application.
How do I pay my fees?
Students are required to pay a deposit to the university to secure their place on the course before coming to the UK. The amount of the deposit depends on specific requirements of a university and in most cases varies from 50% to 100% of the first year tuition fees. Some of our partner universities and colleges have an instalment plan that allows students to pay remaining fees in several instalments throughout the academic year.
Is there a deadline for applications and when can I apply?
Most of our partner universities and colleges have several intakes per year, giving students flexibility to apply throughout a year. Usually the application deadline for each intake is one month before the course start date. We advise all overseas students to make applications 2-3 months before the course start date leaving enough time to go through admission process, apply for a student visa and arrange accommodation. Please contact our consultant to check dates of the next intake.
How do I know if my English is good enough?
English language requirements vary among education institutions, but for bachelor’s or master’s courses, most UK universities and colleges require the IELTS overall score of 6.0-6.5 with 5.5-6.0 in each component of the test. There are other tests apart from IELTS that are accepted by the UK universities and colleges. Please note that TOEFL is no longer accepted in the UK. Our consultants will inform you of English language requirement for each programme and provide you with the list of accepted English language tests for UK university admissions.
What if my English is not good enough?
If you have not obtained the minimum score required for a course of your choice, please contact our consultant who can advise you on available options, such as a foundation year, English course, or pre-sessional English.
How do I get UK student visa?

After an offer letter from one of our partner universities or colleges has been obtained, our advisor trained for immigration matters will provide you with detailed information on UK immigration rules, student visa requirements, and assist you with your visa application.

The application process:
1) Apply to the university/college of your choice;
2) Telephone interview with the university/college (not always required);
3) Conditional or unconditional offer from the university/college;
4) Deposit payment by the student;
5) CAS (Confirmation of acceptance for studies) issued by the university/college;
6) UK student visa application.
Can I bring my husband/wife/child to the UK?
If you are coming to the UK to study on a minimum 12 months long postgraduate course at a university, you are eligible to bring your spouse and children as your dependants. Please contact your consultant to find out all immigration requirements for dependants.

Have a question? Contact our experienced consultants:

By submitting this form you accept that your data will be collected and stored in accordance with the Privacy Policy